- Primary contact for The Guild
- Runs monthly general meetings and meetings of Executive Council
- Prepares meeting agenda in consultation with Executive Council
- Can enter into contractual obligations on behalf of The Guild
- Approves meeting minutes
- Presents an annual report (year-in-review) to present to the membership at the annual meeting.
- Coordinates events for the guild.
- Coordinates monthly agenda for guild meetings including education.
- Responsible for communication within the guild
- Responsible for the Community Service
- Runs monthly meetings in absence of the President
- Responsible for community outreach including donation requests
- Responsible for Membership payments and forms
- Responsible for and maintains Guild Roster on The MQG Website
- Responsible for maintaining Guild financial records via PayPal and Guild checking account.
- Responsible for annual P&L statement/financial report to the Guild and to The MQG
- Responsible for filing any necessary tax returns with the IRS on the Guild’s behalf.
- Responsible for monitoring Guild budget.
- Runs monthly meetings if President and the VPs are absent
- Keeps records of minutes, including motions made and carried at each general, special or Executive Council meeting.
- Maintains a digital record of official meeting minutes.
- Maintains a master calendar of Guild business and events
- Gives required notice of all meetings in cooperation with VP of Communications
- Ensures photos of Guild events are taken, including Meetings, Events, Retreats and Workshop
Ad Hoc Positions (not always filled)
- Responsible for swaps & challenges including determining swaps and challenges, sourcing free patterns, providing education if necessary and communicating to members regarding deadlines
- Responsible for posting communications on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Engaging the communities on all these platforms
- Answering questions regarding the guild on these platforms or forwarding the questions appropriately