Friday, April 18, 2014

Member Spotlight: Caroline Press

Well, our small guild is slowly growing, and we've welcomed several new members lately.  Guess it's time to start introducing everyone so we can all get to know each other a little better.  

Meet Caroline Press, Secretary 



How long have you been quilting, and who/what inspired you to start? I have been quilting since 2010. I was inspired to start by Tula Pink.  Her fabric line Neptune had just come out and I wanted to make a quilt with it for my mother-in-law who lives at the beach.  The fabrics were just her colors and I knew she would love the quilt for her home. I hadn't ever quilted anything before but I just dove in and did it.  I practiced free-motion-quilting on a few doll quilts I made for my daughter and after that I felt I could complete the quilt. I couldn't have done any of this without the internet and countless bloggers who posted videos and photo tutorials of their step-by-step process. 

What is your favorite part of quilting? Probably choosing fabric. I love putting color stories together and dreaming up the designs. Sewing the first block is always fun but the rest is pretty mechanical. I do like hand-sewing on the binding mostly because I know the end is in sight and I do love pulling a finished quilt out of the dryer for the first time! 

What is one quilting technique that you would like to learn? Trapunto. Never done that before and I do like to play with textures. 

Do you have any other hobbies, crafty or otherwise? Oh yes. I am the craft queen. There probably isn't a craft I haven't tried but I try to limit myself to only a few, simply because I don't have the time for it all.  I do enjoy knitting a lot and always have. Other hobbies include skiing which I enjoy immensely, and interior design. 

Do you have any social media sites? 
Blog: www.trilliumdesign.blogspot.com
Etsy: www.trilliumshoppe.etsy.com
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/trilliumFacebook
Instagram: http://instagram.com/trilliumdesign
Craftsy: http://www.craftsy.com/user/814093/



No comments:

Post a Comment